With buses, coaches, trains and taxis, travelling between London airports couldn't be easier
There are a number of different ways you can travel between London airports. Regular buses, coaches and trains connect London Stansted Airport with Heathrow, Gatwick and Luton Airport.
National Express operates an hourly direct coach service.
Service: Coaches run hourly
Journey time: 1h 30m
Buy a ticket: Online, at the ticket desks in the terminal, at the station or on board
You can transfer between the two airports by train, but you’ll need to make a few changes.
1. Take the Stansted Express train to London Liverpool Street. This journey will take 47 minutes.
2. Transfer to London Paddington by either taking a bus, taxi or the London Underground.
3. On arrival at Paddington, take the Heathrow Express train to Heathrow Airport. This journey will take 15 minutes.
Service: Trains run every 15 minutes
Journey time: 1h 2m (not including transfer time)
Buy a ticket: Online or at the station
National Express operates a direct service between the two airports that runs every two hours.
Service: Coaches run every two hours
Journey time: 2h 45m
1. Take the Stansted Express train to London Liverpool Street. This journey will take 45 minutes.
2. Transfer to London Victoria by either taking a bus, taxi or the London Underground
3. On arrival at Victoria, take the Gatwick Express train to Gatwick Airport. This journey will take 30 minutes
Journey time: 1h 15m (not including transfer time)
Discover hundreds of top brands at great airport prices
A place to sit back, relax and escape the crowds of the airport from £25 per person
Time-saving priority lane at security and passport control from £5 per person
Version 10 and later